Thursday, April 26, 2007

I Wana Pull My Hair Out! Or... Life's Like Candy Land

Ok so I did this really awesome post with a super cool pix of an old candy land game board and wrote on how we used to play candy land. Then I told of how we each had to be a character from the game that we would pretend to be. Pris liked Princess Lolly the best so that's who she was. I was Queen Frostine. Kezzi, The evil Lord Licorice & Hope Gloppy the Molasses Monster. There were many funny details about how the game just exaggerated our personalities. How I loved being the queen and how perfect she was and how BIG her dress was. Pris liked to be in charge of the game and directed everything. Kezzi was always interested in being the villain no mater what we played and I wondered how much acting it actually required for her and how much was just natural. Hope was so obsessed with sweets (especially chocolate) back then that we didn't even ask her opinion about who she would be. The molasses swamp Monster was just to perfect for her 'cause he looked like he was buried in melted chocolate fudge and happy about it! So yeah, that post was funny and a lot more time and thought put into helping the reader feel as though they were there... But... for some reason after I pushed publish, it got lost and malfunctioned. I got mad that all that time was wasted and the post was lost forever!!! So here I am writing this pathetic, filthy condensed version of it and I wana pull my hair out. I'm to discouraged to try to write another post that's just as good. So anyone who's had similar experiences can have sympathy and some of you might have tears in your eyes by now after reading this. Thanks for reading my sob story. Hopefully next post will be better and more cheerful.


What can I say but life is like Candy Land. You're movin' along one step at a time enjoin' the sweetness of life then unexpectedly you draw a card that sends you back a few spaces... annddd sometimes you get stuck for a long time in the Molasses swamp!

8 comments:

Esther said...

Hi Friend!

What are you into lately. I hope your life is still just as weird as mine. (Since we do like to be weird and all)

I will leave you messages on your blog since we can't text anymore and you ignore all of my voice messages.

Life is good. Have a nice life.

-Esther

PS: I do know that your phone isn't working and that you do not like phone conversations, therefore you are forgiven for ignoring me. Don't you feel so much better?

Candy Girl said...

Life's not been that wierd lately, just different and so busy that I just go, go, go, till I drop late at night! Sorry, I really haven't heard a single voice mail and I really wanted to come down and see you at the vollyball game but I had to be in Knoxville! =( Thanx 4 yer fogiveness... I was about to go into a coma and stop breathing if you didn't... Ok so maby not but I still appreciate it! =] Hope it won't be very long till I see ya again. Untill then... ;)

Esther said...

Yeah, that was nice of me to rescue you from a coma and suffocation. I'm such a good person.

You should change your voice mail to say that you don't receive voice mails. I had to convince a few of the girls that your texting was messed up, and to call and leave a message if they wanted to say something...

Are you free Saturday? Seth has been asking me to set up a soccer game for weeks, so I thought I'd see who all was interested. Probably you are busy. Tear.

Bye Friend, Esther

Candy Girl said...

Esther,
Anyone who wants to reach me can call our home phone. I will call them back if they leave a msg. If you see Timber tell her to call me please! I lost her # when my phone decided to become a sponge and soak up water when I wasn't looking!!!

Esther said...

Hi again,

Whats up? Did you get the job we talked about? How is the small group leader training going?

Some of the girls are getting together tonight to walk/hang out. Call my cell if any of you want to go and I will let you know the time and place.

We will probably do movies, ice cream or something afterward, and are debating inviting the guys for that or keeping it a girls thing.

I have given up on receiving a response from leaving a message on your home phone, so you should call me if you want to get together sometime.

Bye friend, Esther

Esther said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Candy Girl said...

Hey we weren't home tonight. Otherwise I would have definately come to hang out. Sorry, life gets too busy all the time. But yeah I will be looking for a open time to hang out hopefuly soon! ;) love ya!!!

Esther said...

Didn't mean for the ending of my last post to be brusque. You don't at all have anything to apologize for.

I'm seldom at home myself, so I know how that goes. Actually I like being busy and a crammed schedule is great IMO.


See ya later

-Esther